Jul 12, 2007

Night to remember at Sidetracks

Ok everyone, I know it’s been a while since I posted but I just had to give you this news. Yesterday started off as any other day I went to work and decided to go see the new Harry Potter movie with a few friends afterwards. After the movie we went out for dinner and a few drinks. Then it was decided to hit a bar afterwards and finish the night off. Me any my friend went to my place so I can change (I was the only one still in work clothes). As I changed I got a text from the friend that suggested that we go out and he stated that he did not feel like going out anymore. By this time me and my other friend where already on our way… We decided to just go out for a few drinks and still have a good time. We went to a bar called Sidetracks and had a few drinks (actually a bit more then a few) and as we’re drinking he looks at me and get “wide eyed”. As I asked him what’s going on he states… OMG.. it’s Toby.. I asked him what he was talking about and he said the guy that plays Toby on Dante's Cove was in the bar. I looked and could only see the side of the guys face. But like I said I was already buzzed by this time. So I gathered up my liquid courage and approached the guy and looked him dead in the face and asked him “excuse me are you a actor”… “Yes”… “Do you star in Dante’s Cove”…. “Yes”… “OMG … it is you”…. Me and my friend were so shocked because we fell in love with this show ever since the first moment we saw it. Needless to say we had to ask him questions about the 3rd season (which you will have to watch to find out about). So he talks with us for a while however he was there working. They where filming a Gay Canadian show (is there any other kind), and as they where doing this they were taking video footage of different areas of the bar. Then out of the blue they asked me and my friend if we wanted to be included in a scene in it. Of course we jumped at the chance to be in a scene with Toby (who btw real name is Charlie David ). A group of people gathered up on the outside patio deck and the film crew began taping us basically talking and having a few drinks. They wrapped up production and thanked up for being part of the shot. Now you would think it would end after this HOWEVER my friend all of a sudden became sort of a “stalker”. When Charlie and the crew were leaving he said to me “we have to go where they go”. So we ended up going over to 3 other bars trying to located where they where filming at next (found out later they left however will be filming in the Lesbian bars in Andersonville) . After one more rounds of drinks we decided that we have had enough and started to head home. For those of you that DON’T know what Dante’s Cove is or who Charlie David is then you really need to find out he’s amazing (and rather shorter then I thought)



No comments: