Nov 12, 2007

Weekend Update

Hello everyone I know it's been a while since I've actually posted a weekend Update but I'm going to try and be more dedicated to all of my readers. This weekend for me started on Thursday with a visit to the dentist office that had me in the chair for over 4 hours (beauty takes time). After that I went home and had a salad for dinner and went to bed. I however received a call from my buddy Justin who wanted to visit a few gay bars in my neighborhood (and who am I to turn down a friend request). You can read what happened from his blog.


Friday was a better day for me since it was the first official day of my extended vacation. I started off by going to the gym and having a great upper body workout followed by a relaxing time in the sauna. After the gym I went home and enjoyed some much needed alone time. After a nap I got up up refreshed and ready to officially start my weekend. I called a buddy named Jay and we decided to hit a few bars. We went to Atmosphere for a few drinks and to seen some strippers. I must admit I had a good time there but the best was when after we went to Jackhammers in Chicago (sorry I could not find a website for them). We walked in and went directly to the back bar to get a long island ice tea. Even though there was not that many people in the bar we still managed to have a good time (I think the long island ice tea might have had something to do with this). As we were on our second drink we started to notice that the bar started to get more packed. Towards the end of the night I ended up making out with 2-3 different guys which is so not like me but I figure I'm feeling good I might as well go with it. Around 3am we decided to leave the bar and head home, or at least that was the plan. Turned out My buddy ended up meeting someone and let's just say he did not get to sleep once he got home. Myself on the other hand went directly to bed.

Saturday started off pretty bad as I had a major hang over that made me not want to get up however I manged to make it to brunch around noon with a Jay, Mark and Mark's "partner". After brunch we decided to head to a local bar called Bobbby's Love. As we were in there enjoying a few drinks and having a good time I got a text message from another friend name Cort who wanted me to join him for a few drinks as well. So I parted ways and started to head to Roscoes. As we entered we say that the bar was not really packed so we decided to leave. As we were leaving Cort was feeling hungry so we headed over to Halsteds Bar and Grill for a few drinks and more food. Then we figured we're in the area we might as well go out and have a good time so we headed to Sidetracks to start drinking. We got a good spot in the non-smoking section of the bar and stayed there just watching all the eye candy going past. After a few hours we started to notice that the bar started to get really packed. We continued to mingle with people (from our seats since we did not want to lose our spot) and had a great time. Around 1am I was feeling really sick and tired since the previous night was a bit late for me so we decided to leave. As we were leaving I noticed that not only did sidetracks have a line to get inside of it that seemed to stretch to the end of the block but so did Cocktails and Rosoces. Once I got home I took a quick shower and climbed into my bed.

Sunday I woke up with the intentions of not going out (boy that did not last long). I got a Text from Jay and he reminded me of a fashion show he was helping organize and wanted to know if I was attending. Hmmm.. fashion show, hot models and free booze... HELL YEAH I'm going. So I decided that since I was going to be seeing some hot model (and hoping I'll be seen also) I decided I better hit the gym again. So as I was working out my upper body I also remembered that I needed to eat. I went to the local grocery store and picked up some Sushi (did not need anything heavy to eat) and made my way home. As I got home I jumped in the shower for a quick clean up, shaved and lotion my body. After the first phase of getting ready was done I decided it should eat my sushi now before I forget to eat. As I was doing this I received another text from Jay saying I should arrive at the event a bit early before they open up to the general public so again I started to rush getting ready. I arrived at the event and was greeted by Jay and Rick (another one of Jay's friends). We had a amazing seat near the stage so we were able to see everything (I'll post pictures later). As the show came to a end Jay and I decided that it was to early to head home so we decided to hit the local bars (i.e. Rosoces, Sidetracks and Cocktails). We happened to run into Mark and a few of his friends at Roscoes and had a few drinks with them. As the night moved on we kept loosing more and more people until it was only Jay and myself. We finished our night at the Pie Hole and parted ways after two slices of pizza. I know it sounds like I did a lot of drinking this weekend but I just wanted everyone to know that I have no plans on going to Rehab just yet.


1 comment:

JUSTIN said...

You best not be going to rehab - I need my Boystown drinking buddy!