Oct 8, 2007

Chicago Marathon

This past weekend had a lot of action going on in Chicago starting with the Cubs being swept by the Arizona Diamond Backs (sorry Justin) to the running of the Chicago Marathon. This year the weather was extremly warm for a marathon (upper 80's) because of this race officials canceled the race after the top winners have already won. I must admit watching this was very exciting. On my way back from the gym in the morning the race route goes through my neighborhood and I could not cross the street to get back to my apartment. I took a few interesting snap shots of the runners as they were going past. After 20 min of waiting I decided to "cut" between the runners to get hom (don't worry they were not running by that time). After I got home I watched the rest of the marathon on TV and it was a very exciting ending for both the Male and Female 1st place finish. I just might try to see if I can get a few friends together to compete in next years race.



No comments: