Feb 6, 2008

Life is funny…

As I was lying in bed thinking about things that happened this weekend it makes me start to think “What type of friend are you”. What I mean by this is that we all have friends we know will tell us the truth (even when it might hurt a bit), or friends that will tell us only what we want to hear to make us feel good.

Now me I believe I’m the first one. I’ll tell you the truth even if it might hurt, however it is not my intensions to hurt someone but to be honest and tell them the truth which I think is better than lying to them. Basically if I see something wrong I’m going to say something instead of standing around and watching someone get hurt.

However I realize that some people take things to personal and I’ve come to realize that I just can’t say anything to certain people. Maybe I’m just to “real”. I’m not sure if this is my upbringing or something I had to realize from actual life experience of trial and errors. Also it might have to do with emotions. I have been told by both family and friends that it seems as though I have no emotions when it comes to certain things. For me I don’t cry or get emotional over situations that I can’t change. However do they hurt me, yes, do I feel sad and helpless about not being able to change them, yes. Do I break down and cry or get emotional because I feel as though the weight of the world is on my shoulders, no. And I want to say I don’t believe that saying that “real man don’t cry”. I feel as though you’re a stronger man for crying (if you have to) and not caring about what others might think about you.

So I was wondering am I alone in wanting a friend to tell me the truth instead of lying to me to make me feel better? What about you, what type of friend are you / would you like to have?

1 comment:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I could have written this post right down to the last word.

You're not alone. But most people know I'm blunt and don't ask my opinion unless they want or can take an honest answer.

Though that said I've gotten more tactful as of late.. and I say.. I'd rather not answer that.