Jul 24, 2007

Free at Last... Free at Last...

I wanted to start off this post by saying I'm sorry to anyone this might offend (as I know there are many of you out there). However I just heard how Gov. Rod Blagojevich singed inot law a smoking band that extends to nearly ALL publc places across the state of Illinois.

Now since I'm not a smoker this will not really affect me in any way hardly (besides cleaner air to breath and my clothes not smelling of smoke in a bar). But I will admit that I feel sorry for smokers, I mean you basically have no where to to smoke. Oh and please don't tell me that if I don't want my clothes to smell like smoke I don't have to go to a bar / club etc. because I could throw the same thing right back at you. I dealt with the smoke and now you're going to have to deal with the "not smoking". Oh but I'm losing track here back to the focus at hand.

It seems as though a lot of smokers are trying to make this a bigger issue then what it is saying that since they are not going to be able to smoke in club / bars they will just stay home. While I think they might do it for a while eventually they will start going out again and dealing with the fact that they can not smoke in certain places. I'm just waiting for the "smoking police" to start reporting clubs / people for smoking in public places.

But I would like to get other people opinions from all over the area.

1. Where are you from (If in the US please provide city / state if outside the country please provide which country / area)

2. Does where you live have some type of smoking ban?

3. If it does how has it affected you... If it does not would you like it to have one

4. Are you a smoker or none smoker?

No comments: