May 29, 2007

Miss Universe 2007 - USA's Rachel Smith Booed by Mexicans

The only thing I really have to say about this is that Rachel did not deserve the boos that she was given by the people attending. True they might have their opinions about George Bush (and the rest of the administration) but this event was not the TIME or PLACE to voice it. Rachel is not part of the government and she's only representing the USA. I don't think they will hold this event in Mexico for years to come now following this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot about Miss Universe. I was looking forward in watching it but work got in the way.

I was surprised with all the madness that night. I agree pageants are not a place for politics, but Latinos tend to get emotional. Even in Miss Universe.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Yeah I didn't watch Miss universe either but I heard mention from someone about that. Said person was Latino and wasn't impressed by that reaction!

And most definitely that pageant was not somewhere where politics should have reared its ugly head.