Jan 31, 2008

Gym Workout 01/30/08

Attached is my gym workout for 1/30/08. It was an intense Upper Body, Arm Focus workout that I really enjoyed. If you can't tell I'm trying to get back into shape for summer. I've also been watching my eating; however I must admit I thought Gatorade was good for me until I actually read the label (Thanks to "The Biggest Loser"). As I'm looking at it these are the ingredients found in Gatorade

Water, sucrose syrup, high fructose corn syrup (glucose-fructose syrup), citric acid, natural and artificial strawberry flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, red 40.

Now I remember from watching the news a few months ago and they tried to explain how to read the labels. What really stood out for me is that the first ingredients listed consist of what the drink has more of. So besides water in Gatorade it's mostly sucrose syrup, high fructose corn syrup (glucose-fructose syrup). None of these from my understanding is good for you. So I have to ask you why it that Gatorade is pushed as an “energy drink”. I mean I understand if you're doing a hard workout or playing in an active sport, however they make it sound like Gatorade is a healthy alternative to drinking water which it is not. So I've made a decision to stop drinking Gatorade unless I'm involved in some high activity event such as cardio or playing sports (anyone up for tennis this summer doing the Blogger meet up this up coming year).

No comments: