Jan 9, 2008

Single and coming to terms with it

OK… Now I realize it takes time for things to happen but I’m beginning to wonder, am I dateable. The reason I’m wondering this is because it seems as though every time I go out with my friends I’m one of the last ones to get approached. Now some might say that it’s because my friends have a certain amount of confidence, their appearance or attitude however I believe I have this as well.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying I’m better than my friends or anything but it just seems strange to me that there are more guys that are willing to go to bed with me instead of dating me (no I don’t have a reputation of sleeping around I think). My question to you guys (and girls) out there are basically what are YOU looking for in someone you would like to date. I’m sure I should get a wide range of answers for this.

I’m thinking of making this a weekly segment in my blog, tracking my progress of trying to find that certain someone to be with me in my life. Please don’t get me wrong I don’t believe I NEED someone in my life to make it complete however it would be nice to have someone to share certain things with. Oh and before anyone ask I to try and meet people in more than just bars. Plus I try to take care of myself (by going to the gym and meeting different people) and have a wide group of different friends.

If anyone has any suggestions of places that they find are good places to find someone please let me know and any suggestions you have on approaching them (just like everyone I have a fear of rejection).

I’m sorry if this post is just ramblings on it’s just that for this new year I’m hoping to make it better than the last.

3 comments:

redgalaxoid said...

I totally agree with you...since I'm a guy trying to figure out what I like, I just look for someone to share that with. The problem is that if you meet someone in a bar, he'll probably just want to go to bed. Meeting someone online is also an option, but most of the time it's a really dissapointing one. I think the best option is constantly meeting new people, talking to them, without any prejudice or expectation. At least you'll make some new friends, but it could also lead to something better. Who knows? Just enjoy the experience of doing it.
Anyway..I liked your blog. take care.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up!

The "rest" of your friends don't get approached so readily! Take me, for instance! (I'm assuming you KNOW who this is, yes?) How many people do you see approaching ME in bars? None!

You're a GREAT guy and don't you forget it!

JUSTIN said...

This might sound trite or maybe obvious, but I think simply going out alone and doing things you enjoy (like for me, going to concerts) you might find someone you like. At least with this approach you both know you already have something in common.

And I agree with the comment above, you are a great guy!